Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Voices of the Past Blocks Part 3

Here are the last of the blocks, of course with one missing (it still has yet to be completed).

Mary Todd Lincoln (VOP-110)
Mary's 9 Patch

Priscilla Alden (VOP-111)

I finally completed this block on Monday, July 13, 2015. It was quite an accomplishment. I had never done the machine applique like this before.  I am very pleased how this turned out.



Christa McAuliffe (VOP-112)
This one has 3 blocks. 



Once all the blocks are completed, the next step will be to arrange them into a quilt top. I'm sure adding some sashing will be the best way to keep each block distinguished from the next. I'm not sure what kind of challenge I am in for because the blocks in this series range from 6 1/2" to 15" blocks.

This pattern series and designing it into a quilt top is a challenge for me. This is the first time that I am working on a project that I do not know what the final outcome is supposed to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment