Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Voices of the Past

Some time ago...well actually several years ago I was part of a block of the month club.  The series used for the block of the month was Kaye England's Voices of the Past. So I collected all the patterns in the series. And they moved across the United States twice...yes, not once but twice! We moved from GA to WA and then from WA down to TN. Now that we are settled here in TN I have decided that it is time to work on AND complete the several blocks of the month series I have plus complete the many many UFOs sitting there waiting for my undivided attention.

I decided my first project would be to complete the Voices of the Past series. WOW! WOW! WOW! is all I can say.  This series is made up a collection of women's lives.  The pattern comes with a brief yet very interesting history of each of the women. Some of them have their own quotes printed in the history and then others have quotes printed by someone else about that woman.

Most of the block patterns are fairly simple. And then there are others that are a bit more challenging. There is one (which I will post later) that has been named the "character building block".  Yes, my character matured a bit with that block! The instructions come two ways ~ one is a specialty ruler piecing method and the other is the traditional piecing method. Most of the patterns in the series only have one block, but there are a few that have two. Each pattern has instructions to be completed as a quilt for that individual block or two.  I decided that I was going to make each of the individual blocks and then put them together into a quilt.





No comments:

Post a Comment